Time & Location
22 Jun 2020, 19:00
About the Event
Brexit, badger culls and bankers bonuses… what side of the debate are you on?
Our Parliamentary system is based in debate – opposing sides clashing on the topics that matter most. Both Houses of Parliament hold debates in which Members discuss government policy, proposed new laws and issues of the day.
Following our sell-out public speaking workshop, Conservative Young Women's Chair, Champion and former Oxford Union debating coach Ella Robertson, is excited to offer our members an exclusive masterclass to hone their debating abilities.
Learning to debate can improve your skillset in all sorts of areas other than public speaking. You’ll learn about:
- structuring your communications for more impact
- fact-checking and correcting misrepresentations (critical in the Fake News era)
- seeing arguments from multiple points of view
- confidence in presenting your side of the case
- critical thinking and improving your analytical skills
The workshop is free to Conservative Party members – whilst the evening is particularly tailored to women, everyone is welcome.